The safety and welfare of the residents and the people working in Chapter’s buildings is our number one priority, and of paramount importance to us.
Chapter manages all its buildings and provides a 24-hour on-site staffing presence across all of them, so we always know if there is an incident, such as a fire, and can activate our procedures immediately.
Chapter has a comprehensive fire management system in place at all our buildings and we review this constantly.
We strictly adhere to the latest fire safety regulations and best practice, and are fully committed to make our accommodation even safer.
We have rigorous and well-practised processes for alerting and evacuating residents in the event of a fire. These include:
- Briefing residents at check-in and regularly about weekly tests, such as signs at reception warning about a fire drill, so they know that any additional alarm is a genuine emergency
- Residents are also briefed on check-in about our weekly fire alarm tests and evacuation procedures
- Our fire safety procedures are also written into the residents’ guide which they all receive prior to arrival and are available online via our check-in landing page. Links to our procedures are also displayed on QR codes on site.
- Residents are also required to sign (through our app) a form detailing fire-safety procedures at check-in
- We also do two evacuations at each property each year to ensure these procedures are tested and familiar to residents.
We also always advise residents to respond in real-time – treat as a genuine fire situation – if they hear a fire alarm activated.