During these challenging and unprecedented times, we understand that there is a great deal of uncertainty and worry about choosing the right student accommodation.
We want to provide reassurance to our current and future residents that we have put stringent measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our buildings and adapted our booking options to be more flexible during these unpredictable times.
Our primary focus will always be our residents and we have put together a Chapter Commitment to communicate how we are and will continue to put our resident safety and well-being first.
OUR CHAPTER COMMITMENT
Flexible Booking Options
We’re working closely with universities to monitor any alterations to course start dates. If a university course start date has been delayed because of COVID-19, we are offering our residents the flexibility to delay their tenancy start date for an equivalent length of time up to a maximum of 4 weeks or until 16th October 2020.
- We understand that COVID-19 may have impacted our residents’ study plans for the 20/21 academic year.
As part of our flexible booking options, we have also updated our cancellation policy to consider any COVID-19 related restrictions, including any potential restrictions on international travel. If you are unable to reach the UK because of COVID-19, rest assured that you can cancel your Chapter tenancy under our extended cancellation policy. We are also aware that some courses will now be online only as a result of COVID-19 and this has also been factored into our cancellation policy.
See our Terms & Conditions for full details.
- We also have a range of flexible semester tenancy options available as we are aware that some university courses have been adapted or compressed due to current circumstances. For residents who only require accommodation until January or from January will still have a variety of rooms to choose from.
Social Distancing Measures
All Chapter properties will be operated in line with the UK government’s Covid-19 secure guidelines to continue to protect our residents and on-site team. We are committed to ensuring that our properties follow the most up-to-date social distancing guidelines set out by the government. These will be clearly communicated throughout our buildings.
- In accordance with government guidelines, we have begun the phased re-opening of our amenity and communal spaces. In order to ensure we are complying with social distancing guidelines, we have removed or re-arranged furniture and we have also reduced occupancy numbers which will be clearly communicated at the entrance to the area. Our amenity spaces are also bookable via reception.
- We have installed a number of hand sanitiser stations around our buildings and also increased our signage to clearly communicate social distancing procedures.
- As an additional precaution, we have implemented temperature checks for any external visitors, including resident guests. We ask that if you are inviting guests over to your Chapter building that they comply with this procedure and do not visit if they are showing any symptoms of COVID-19.
Free Shared Kitchen and Bathroom Cleans
To further support our residents and enhance our service offering, we will be providing free shared bathroom and kitchen cleans* for our residents on a monthly basis. To arrange your free of charge monthly cleans, visit your site team at reception and they will take you through the booking process and organise a time whereby social distancing can be adhered to.
*Please note, this offer relates to communal kitchen and bathroom areas only, twin rooms are not included. For more information, talk to your Chapter team who will be happy to help.
- Cleanliness throughout our buildings has always been a very important factor at Chapter.
- We have increased the cleaning frequency of our communal areas and commonly touched items such as buttons, door-knobs and handles to help prevent the potential spread of COVID-19.
- As a further measure to keep you safe, and new to our service offer in 2020, if you are sharing a kitchen and bathroom, we will organise monthly cleans for you free of charge*. Speak to your on-site team to arrange a suitable time and we'll organise the rest.
*Excludes twin rooms.
Self-quarantine for International Students
We will be following government advice on any self-quarantine processes that are put in place for international arrivals and our site teams are prepared to be able to fully support this.
- Students have the option to check-in up to 2 weeks prior to their tenancy start date, free of charge. This is subject to availability and can be organised directly through your site team.
- Your site teams can remove any waste from outside of your room at least twice a week.
- Your site team are able to assist with any food and beverage orders and deliver directly to your room.
- We will provide two laundry services free of charge.
- Residents can access airport transfer services and room essentials via the Chapter app.
Please do contact your site team directly if you will be self-isolating at Chapter, they will be happy to support you and assist with any help you may require.
In order to adhere to social distancing, reduce crowds forming and increase efficiency, we have moved our check-in online.
- You will be able to check-in prior to arriving at your new home and you will receive full information on how to complete check-in within the next few weeks.
- Our online check-in also allows you more flexibility to arrive at a time convenient to you.
- Your site team will still be on hand to welcome you to your new home and answer any questions you may have or provide you with any assistance.
Virtual Events and On-demand Content
Our residents’ health and mental well-being is paramount at Chapter and we have set up an online events platform that includes live classes and on-demand content.
- The platform has been designed to help keep residents active and provides opportunities to learn a new language, virtually tour museums or join a live yoga class amongst a variety of other content.
- Our on-site team are always available to help and support our residents, and if you need to talk or have any concerns about a friend, we urge our residents to reach out to their Chapter community team in-person or by phone or email. We also have additional well-being services available including Student Minds, a charity committed to student mental health and Nightline, a confidential listening and support service run by students for students.
- All of our buildings have 24/7 security to ensure that you feel secure and supported by the wider Chapter team at all times. For more information, visit our student welfare information or email our dedicated email address firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns or simply need to talk.
We’d like to thank our current residents for their ongoing support and we are incredibly proud of our Chapter community.