CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATION
The health and wellbeing of our residents has been our primary concern throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are grateful that residents have followed our advice closely and worked with us to ensure the safety of our community.
We are continuing to closely monitor the situation and as we prepare to welcome our new residents, we have put a number of precautions and procedures in place, in accordance with Government guidelines, to reduce the risk of catching or spreading the virus within our properties.
We will continue to update our information and advice as the situation develops and in line with the latest public health advice.
To find out more about how we’re keeping our Chapter buildings COVID-19 secure and our Chapter Commitment to you, view the below video with our Regional Operations Manager Tom.
Government advice to university students on travel
The United Kingdom remains open but any International visitors are asked to self-quarantine for a 14 day period on arrival. You will be unable to leave your room during this time period and will not be permitted visitors. For full information on the latest UK guidelines relating to COVID-19, including self-isolation, click here to visit the Government website.
We understand that this is a challenging and difficult experience for our International residents but please be assured, our Chapter teams are here to support you throughout this time, and we have put the following measures in place:
- Students have the option to check-in up to 2 weeks prior to their tenancy start date, free of charge. This is subject to availability and can be organised directly through your site team.
- Your site teams can remove any waste from outside of your room at least twice a week.
- Your site team are able to assist with any food and beverage orders and deliver directly to your room.
- We will provide two laundry services free of charge.
- Residents can access airport transfer services and room essentials via the Chapter app.
Please do contact your site team directly if you will be self-isolating at Chapter, they will be happy to support you and assist with any help you may require.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitiser if soap and water is not available
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve if you cough or sneeze and wash your hands thoroughly afterwards
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Avoid close contact with anyone who may be showing symptoms of Coronavirus or are self-isolating
- Try to stay at least 2 metres (3 steps) away from anyone you do not live with (or anyone not in your support bubble)
- Please wear a face mask or covering throughout any communal and shared spaces within your building
There are some places where you must wear a face covering, such as:
- on public transport
- in shops
- when you go to hospital appointments or visit someone in hospital
If you have Coronavirus symptoms and have not had a test, stay at home and get a test to check if you have Coronavirus as soon as possible.
Coronavirus symptoms include:
- A high temperature: you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- A new, continuous cough: this means you've started coughing repeatedly
- Loss of taste or smell
You can find out more about how to take a test through the NHS website here.
If you are unable to take a test or test positive, you must self-isolate for 10 days from when the symptoms began or from the day you took the test.
If you're concerned about your symptoms and need medical advice, use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service.
Please notify your Reception Team by phone or email to let us know you are self-isolating so we can support you through this process.
Use the NHS 111 online Coronavirus service if:
- You feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- Your condition gets worse
- Your symptoms do not get better after 10 days
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY SELF-ISOLATING:
- Let your Reception Team know so we can support you
- Our team members wear gloves to handle all packages to prevent contamination
- We ask that our residents order essential items only at this time to enable us to support those who need our help
Review of our guest policy
All guests to our buildings will be asked to undergo a temperature check on arrival. This is to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 within our buildings and we thank you in advance for your understanding and co-operation.
TALK TO US
At Chapter, we are a community and we will continue to work together as a team and help and support one another through this difficult time.
We understand that there is a great deal of uncertainty and concern at this time and that residents may be feeling increasingly anxious as the situation develops. Our residents’ wellbeing is absolutely paramount to us and we have set up a dedicated email address for COVID-19 specific enquiries although we also encourage residents to reach out to their site teams.
Want to talk? Email:
We remain open for bookings and should you have any queries about your current booking or booking for 20/21, please do contact us.
Should you have any non-COVID-19-related questions in the meantime, please get in touch by emailing us at email@example.com stating your name, building, room number and contact details. We will endeavour to respond to you within 72 hours, but please be aware that we are receiving a high volume of enquiries at the moment.