Feel secure with flexible booking options for 20/21
We know that there’s a lot of uncertainty right now and we wanted to take this opportunity to reassure you that you’re in safe hands when you book with Chapter.
We’ve put together some frequently asked questions to put your mind at rest and don’t forget, you can chat to the team if you’d like more information or to just talk through your options.
We’re committed to keeping our community safe during these challenging times and ensure that you are kept fully updated on the procedures in place at Chapter to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
You can view our Chapter Commitment here which will be reviewed and updated as the situation evolves.
1. If my university start date is delayed until October, can I alter my contract length to match?
We are working closely with universities to monitor any alterations to their start dates for the 20/21 academic year and the effect this may have on our residents. If your university start date has been altered due to COVID-19, you have the flexibility to delay the start of your contract with Chapter for the equivalent length of time up to a maximum of 4 weeks or until the 16th October 2020.
You will still have the option to begin your contract from September if you would like to begin your residency early. For full details, check out our Terms and Conditions, or chat to our team today to discuss your options or if you’d like to make any changes to your current booking.
2. If I book my room now but have to cancel because I am unable to get to the UK due to travel restrictions, can I get my holding fee/any instalment payments back?
Yes, you can. Our usual procedure states that you can cancel your tenancy contract and be refunded any installment payments less your holding fee before 31st July but if you need to cancel your room after 31st July we can do so if the cancellation relates to any of the following reasons:
- Your application for a visa has been declined. Please note that this does not include situations where your visa has been granted and subsequently withdrawn.
- You have failed to obtain your grades to study at university and as such do not have student status.
- You are not able to travel to the UK or start your university course due to COVID 19 restrictions.
The above will also apply to any instalment payments that have been in advance of the start of your tenancy.
3. If I go ahead and book with Chapter but I change my mind, can I cancel?
We understand that circumstances can sometimes change and we have extended the decision making period to 7 days so that you have a full week following booking to cancel your Chapter contract if you change your mind.
4. How do I arrange a refund if the impact of COVID-19 affects my study plans in the UK prior to the 20/21 academic year?
Please contact your Chapter building site team who will be happy to arrange for your refund. For full information relating to your tenancy agreement, view our Terms and Conditions here.
5. Is there any flexibility with my rent instalment dates?
We have added an 8-date instalment plan option allowing you more flexibility with your rent instalment dates across your academic year. To apply for this option, your booking must be made through your chosen Chapter site team or our Central Sales Team and you must have a UK based guarantor over the age of 25. We accept the following proof of address documents for UK based guarantors – lease agreement, mortgage statement, bank or credit card statement, utility bill, government benefits statement. Chat to our team today for more details.
Sign up to our Chapter newsletter to find out more about our properties and latest news.